This pages lists files (documents or templates) for use with your EMIS software. Please read the instructions for downloading and importing files.
SNUG is happy to facilitate sharing these files as a service to members. They are provided “as is” and unfortunately we cannot provide any support for them. However, if you have any difficulties or questions a forum posting will often elicit a helpful response. While every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this site is accurate, no guarantees for the currency or accuracy of information are made.
If you have developed any templates which you feel would be useful for other Practices, we would be delighted to include them here. Please send them, with a brief description to the SNUG Team
EMIS PCS Templates
Instructions for Downloading and Installing EMIS Templates
If you want to download and install a number of templates it is helpful to create a new folder on your desktop and name it “Downloaded Templates”. You can delete this folder later after the templates are installed into EMIS. It just makes it easier to find the templates after downloading them.
- Find the template(s) you wish to download. Each zipped file (often with several linked templates) must be downloaded separately. Right click on the zipped file and choose “Save As” or “Save Target As”. Navigate to the desktop or to the “Downloaded Templates” folder and save it there. Repeat this for all the templates you wish to download. Now right-click on the zipped file and choose Extract All. When offered the choice, click Extract Here. The template files will be extracted to a new folder within the Downloaded Templates folder.
- Find the template(s) you wish to download. Each template must be downloaded separately. Right click on the template and choose “Save As” or “Save Target As”. Navigate to the desktop or to the “Downloaded Templates” folder and save the template there. Repeat this for all the templates you wish to download.
- Now, within EMIS PCS main modules page, within Configuration, click on Template Designer, or type TD to open the Template Designer page.
- If you have a Practice Templates folder, you may want to highlight this to import the templates into this folder. If you have not got a Practice Templates folder, you may wish to create one (Click on Live Templates, then look for New Local Folder link –or type C to create a new folder).
- Click on the folder into which you want to import the template. Click “Import Template” or type I. Navigate to where you have saved the template, highlight the template and click “Open”. The template will import into EMIS. You must do this for each template you want to import.
- Once the templates have been imported, the downloaded files (and folder) can be deleted from your desktop.
- If you have imported a lot of templates, one template (eg the NES Near Patient Testing) may be the main menu template giving access to all the others. This is the only one you want to see regularly. With the Consultation module (F6) of EMIS PCS (you must have a patient selected to enter F6) click on Configuration or type IIn the Consultation Configuration dialog box which opens up, choose the Other tab. You will see the “Preferred template list” box. Click “Add” and choose the template you want to see (NES Near Patient Testing). Click “OK” and now, the template will be visible in the Preferred List.
Please click on the Template name for download information, screenshots and subtemplates
If you have any templates to share please share here.