For more than 15 years, ScriptSwitch has supported prescribers across NHS primary care to deliver safe, evidence-based, quality prescribing. Today, ScriptSwitch serves more than 4,000 GP practices across England, Wales and Scotland.
HOW SCRIPTSWITCH HELPS:
- Safe, evidence-based, quality prescribing ScriptSwitch enables medicines management teams to deliver the latest guidance aligned to local and national best evidence practice.
- Cost-effective prescription alternatives: quality, clinical and cost saving opportunities are displayed at the point of prescribing within the ScriptSwitch pop-up.
- Driving adherence to local formulary, ScriptSwitch offers medicines management teams the opportunity and flexibility to author local content for adherence to local formulary, guidance and protocols.
- Effective interventions: the information messages and switches displayed to prescribers are locally authored so they are appropriate to the local patient population.
- Teams can easily update the recommendation profile via a web-based tool and any updates are silently distributed to all member practices expeditiously
HOW IT WORKS
Switches can be accepted with a single click, minimising workflow disruption via an intuitive interface.
On accepting a recommendation, the clinical system is re-populated with the new prescription details but still requires a final review by the prescriber, maintaining clinical freedom at all times.
Prescribers can provide direct feedback to profile authors on content, facilitating a multidisciplinary approach.
IDENTIFYING AT-RISK PATIENTS
Optum has partnerned with Prescribing Services Ltd (PSL) to develop RADAR for ScriptSwitch which helps prescribers improve health outcomes and patient safety by identifying patients at risk of emergency admissions. Delivering clinical safety alerts at the point of care, RADAR also provides an additional evidence base to support decision making.
RADAR can help:
- Reduce preventable events, that result in hospital A&E attendance and non-elective admissions
- Reduce costs associated with the number of preventable events
- Support medicines optimization
- Reflect local preferences through customisable alerts
- Reduce GP workload
- Enhance Quality and Outcomes Framework performance
DELIVERING PERSON-CENTRED PRESCRIBING
Now integrated with the patient record, ScriptSwitch delivers person-centred switch recommendations. Prescribers and medicines management teams benefit from a reduction in inappropriate messages and pop-up fatigue. ScriptSwitch integrates seamlessly with the clinical system and compares patient demographic data with available drug age and gender prescribing information from the British National Formulary (BNF) and British National Formulary for Children (BNFC).
ANALYTICS TO IDENTIFY TRENDS
Optum Intelligence and Data Analytics for ScriptSwitch provides a data visualisation tool that turns data into insights and actions. The easy generation of interactive dashboards helps organisations identify trends, pinpoint opportunities and drive engagement.
Optum has a team of healthcare professionals experienced in implementing medicines optimisation to support you. We ensure an easy implementation on all clinical systems. Our dedicated pharmacist account management team support content authoring, reporting and data analysis to drive prescriber engagement and realise return on investment.
Visit www.optum.co.uk to learn more about Optum
Want to learn more? Contact Ben Hulme, Director of Business Development on E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 07824 660709