The Scottish National Users’ Group (SNUG) is an independent user led organisation. It is supported by SCIMP and NHS National Services Scotland to help and support users of GP and Primary Health Care software programmes. The SNUG Executive is a group of GP’s, Practice Nurses, Locums, Practice Managers, Facilitators, Health Board and Scottish Government Representatives from across Regions to feedback and campaign for your issues.
The aim of the group is to improve patient care through improved use of information technology.
2022-2023 Key aspirations are:
- GIT Re-Provisioning – as accreditation and implementation phases start to progress we continue to represent members and keep members informed. We also hope to increase our support structures and educational events with regards the new GPIT systems.
- Digital developments – Representing user interests and development directions with regards multiple upcoming IT systems e.g. GP2GP redevelopment, electronic prescribing, national DACS procurement, and back scanning options.
- Educating users – e.g. our upcoming 4th online Conference in May and a return to a face2face Conference in November, along with continuing to develop our website resources, and podcasts
- Facilitating data sharing – e.g. national sharing agreement, educational resources for practices
- Ongoing current system development – EMIS / Vision / Docman
Please find out more about what SNUG offers members and what we are involved in below:
Members of SNUG benefit from:
- Input into prioritisation of national developments
- Attendance to regional Meetings for all Practice staff
- Attendance and voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- Attendance to the SNUG Members Day in May and access to the videos from the event
- Attendance for the Practice to the November Conference and AGM
- National alerts and updates as they happen
- Sharing best practice
- Users’ Group Newsletters electronically quarterly
- Continued website development and monthly updates on new features and downloads. Members area includes, downloads, hints and tips, templates, regional meeting videos etc.
- National Executive co-ordinating at national level for key GP IT developments on behalf of members.
- Access to the SNUG Podcast
SNUG is involved in
- Renegotiating and supervising the Framework Contract for GP IT to ensure systems are fit for the future
- Supporting the Architecture and Strategy Board in shaping the future of GPIT
- Representing the views of users in identifying the IT requirements for delivering the Scottish GP Contract
- Developing the SPIRE information project which will replace current QOF reporting and provide a wider more integrated reporting tool
- Supporting the introduction of the GP2GP transfer process for the GP Computer record
- Improving the end to end process of medicines management across the NHS in Scotland
- Planning for the future of integration between Health and Social Care and the information sharing implications.
- Looking at the needs for wider involvement and representation of other Primary Care information system users.