Scottish National Users’ Group membership is open to all GP Practices irrespective of which GP IT system they use. It is a practice membership and as such entitles all members of the team to free attendances at Users’ Group meetings in your own or any neighboring region.
Not a member of SNUG but wish to join? please complete the form below.
Already a member of SNUG but wish to register to the site.
Already a member – make sure you have registered here for access to the full site
The aim of the group is to improve patient care through improved use of information technology. SNUG members pay an annual fee of £100 for membership, but this brings many benefits.
Members of SNUG benefit from:
- Input into prioritisation of national developments
- Free attendance to local Users’ Group Meetings
- Free attendance to the SNUG Members Day in May
- Free attendance and voting rights at the Annual General Meeting held in September
- Discounted attendance for the Practice to the SNUG| SCIMP Conference in September
- National alerts and updates as they happen
- Sharing best practice
- SNUG Newsletters quarterly containing information of national interest
- Continued website development and monthly updates on new features and downloads. Snug website Members area includes, downloads, hints and tips, templates, bi monthly updates, forums and much much more!
- National Executive co-ordinating at National level for key GP IT developments on behalf of members.
SNUG is involved in
- Renegotiating and supervising the Framework Contract for GP IT to ensure systems are fit for the future
- Supporting the Architecture and Strategy Board in shaping the future of GPIT
- Representing the views of users in identifying the IT requirements for delivering the Scottish GP Contract
- Developing the SPIRE information project which will replace current QOF reporting and provide a wider more integrated reporting tool
- Supporting the introduction of the GP2GP transfer process for the GP Computer record
- Improving the end to end process of medicines management across the NHS in Scotland
- Planning for the future of integration between Health and Social Care and the information sharing implications.
- Looking at the needs for wider involvement and representation of other Primary Care information system users.
By joining the group and becoming involved you are helping SNUG continue to speak on your behalf and represent Practices in Scotland. You will be invited to local meetings and updated regularly on the new information added to the website including hints and tips and templates and downloads.
Joining the Group is achieved easily; you can either pay by standing order, cheque or BACS. Please let me know if you wish to join and I will help you achieve this.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. SNUG’s principal role is to support YOU – the user.
any questions please contact Alex on the contact form.